About Paavo Järvi Music Foundation Mobile
THE PAAVO JÄRVI FOUNDATION
was created in 2019 with the objective of supporting special projects and musical education.
Focus is given to:
- Supporting the future of the Arts, Music and Education
- Raising international awareness of cultural excellence in Estonia
- Supporting special projects: Pärnu Music Festival and Estonian Festival Orchestra
- Preserving and promoting the work of Estonian composers and artists
- Supporting gifted young musicians of all nationalities
- Investing in international music education – with particular emphasis on early learning incentives
Paavo Järvi was born and raised in Tallinn and left Estonia for the United States aged eighteen in 1980. He continued his studies at the Juilliard School, Curtis Institue and Los Angeles Philharmonic Institute with Leonard Bernstein. It was not until 1996, five years after Estonian Independence, that he was granted the opportunity of returning to his homeland to conduct the Estonian National Symphony Orchestra for the first time.
Paavo Järvi is dedicated to his mission to nurture and support musicians and musical life in Estonia. For many decades he has commissioned and championed the works of composers both at home and abroad, supported the careers of young orchestral musicians and mentored the next generation of conductors. In 2011 he founded the Järvi Conducting Academy as well as the Pärnu Music Festival and Estonian Festival Orchestra, which have brought cultural life within the country to a new international level.
By establishing the Foundation, Paavo Järvi is committed to continuing his work in support of Estonian culture and will also focus on nurturing the next generation of musicians no matter what background, nationality or creed. The Foundation will also support exceptional musicians of any age, seeking support for their studies and careers.
Please also visit www.paavojarvi.com